Hello Adoptive and Kinship Families!
A few announcements as we move into July 2020
1. For Legacy Families (a child who was adopted prior to 1/1/2015) we continue to review all grant applications that were submitted; we received approximately 500 applications and are reviewing all submissions very carefully
2. For Northstar Adoption and Kinship Families - you will see a slight increase in your July payment and moving forward. The Department has built in a Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) based on the on changes in the USDA Estimates of the Cost of Raising a Child.
3. For Northstar Adoption and Kinship Families - some of you will notice a larger increase in your monthly payment as the department has stopped offsetting monthly benefits bases on the following Federal Benefits:
- Black Lung Disease
- Railroad Survivor Benefits
- Veterans Benefits
- Retirement, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (RDSI)
Additionally, you are no longer required to notify the department of a change in your child¿s income from one of the above benefits.
More information will be mailed out to all affected families this week.
As always, if you have questions, please contact us at: email@example.com